CV-19 Update: EASS is going GREEN!
Effective date: July 1
EASS will be opening its office to the public July 1. This means that our Browsing section will be open and the Hand UP Exchange Food & Clothing Bank will again be available for client-choice appointments. The Transportation Program will again take clients to appointments to all businesses and agencies that are now open. Those needing Community Support Services must follow the same procedures as those using the Food Bank. However, we will have preventative measures in place to mitigate spread of the virus that must be strictly followed.
- One family in the Hand UP Exchange at one time. This will be strictly enforced. Please be on time for your appointment.
- Upon arrival, all clients will be required to wear a mask and sanitize hands. Temperatures will be taken and each client will need to sign off on a list of questions.
- We will all practice social distancing.
- Transportation – two vans will be available to take clients to their appointments; however, we will still NOT be providing the “Grocery Store Thursdays” for some time. One client per ride (unless a care coordinator or child must come along).
- Clients must be able to enter and leave the vans with no assistance from the driver to avoid direct contact.
- Clients with special community support needs (financial assistance) must call to schedule their appointment. Upon arrival, all the same procedures as described above must be followed.
Ephrata Area Social Services
EASS is a non-profit organization supporting neighbors in need throughout the Ephrata and Cocalico regions of Northern Lancaster County. Our assistance programs include the Hand UP Exchange Food & Clothing Bank, Ephrata/Cocalico Meals on Wheels, Transportation Services, and Community Support Services. Our mission is to channel resources effectively through the collaboration of our partnering health and human service organizations to improve the lives of the residents in northern Lancaster County. Together, we can build a stronger community for all.
2,900 Visits to the Hand UP Exchange in 2019
Get Help Now
The assistance you need is just a phone call away.
Ephrata Area Social Services is here to help meet the growing social needs of our community. If you are in the Ephrata or Cocalico area and facing challenges, just pick up the phone and call us. Many families throughout the country are struggling to make ends meet. EASS is here to help provide food, clothing, transportation, and community support services. We also provide thousands of meals with our Meals on Wheels program.
If you need assistance call us at (717) 733-0345 to set up in-person consultation
1,700 transportation needs met
240 families helped
Such a wonderful organization! My daughter recently broke her leg (in 3 places) and is in a wheelchair. On Monday’s and Wednesday’s they currently transport students to the Ephrata Library for an after school program in their handicap accessible van. They offered to transport my daughter on the other days. This is just such a relief for me as this past month has been very stressful and it’s even more difficult doing it as a single mother. I commend them for stepping up and helping us the way they are!! They definitely help out the community – in more ways than you know!