Hand UP Exchange Food & Clothing Bank
It is our desire at Ephrata Area Social Services to treat everyone who walks through our doors with dignity and respect. Our families need the freedom and empowerment to make their own choices.
To that end, we have created a one-stop shopping experience for families to access food, clothing and household supplies. Every 30 days, families can schedule their 30-minute appointments.
We offer a client-choice pantry, meaning that families will “shop” the food bank using a grocery cart and make the selections on their own based on what they know their family will use. EASS is a supplemental food bank, meaning that the number of items chosen are meant to last 4-5 days.
Donations of non-perishable items can be made Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Schedule your 30-minute appointment in advance; schedule every 30 days or as needed.
- Upon arrival, you may be asked to declare (circle) your income level on a sheet provided. This is only done 1x a year and no proof of income is required.*
- In the Food Bank, a volunteer will hand out a card indicating the number of items allowed depending on the size of your family.
- If you need clothing or household supplies, feel free to access the clothing section as well.
- Select the items you want and fill your bags. A volunteer will be present to answer any questions.
*The link below provides access to the USDA Program Discrimination form, should clients feel that they have been discriminated against while utilizing the Food Bank.Complaint Form (English)* Complaint Form (Español)
Learn more about another of
EASS’ food services: Meals on Wheels
The Clothing Bank is accessible during a visit to the Food Bank. Clothing ranging from infants to seniors, male and female, is available. Shoes, hats, gloves, linens and other supplies are also available for selection. If a family cannot find what they need or we do not have what is needed, please let the volunteer or staff member know. We may have additional items stored in the warehouse. Gift cards may be available for use at MCC’s Reuzit Store or Walmart.
Clothing, shoes, socks and small household items can be donated Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Please do not donate furniture, dirty items or items that are broken, torn or stained.