Meals on Wheels
COVID-19 Virus Update:
- Volunteers must wear gloves when handling and distributing the prepared meals.
- To avoid direct contact, volunteers must place meals in the cooler or insulated grocery bag at the clients’ doorstep or porch, then leave.
- Clients will pick up their meals from the cooler or the insulated bag.
- For those clients who are using the insulated bags, place the bag on the front porch or doorstep the next day. The volunteer will pick the empty bag up and return.
- We are happy to report that the community has stepped forward and provided wonderful volunteers to deliver the meals when our regular volunteers have been unable to do so. Thank you!
With 2,500 meals delivered every month, Ephrata/Cocalico Meals on Wheels program provides individuals who are unable to prepare daily meals with an important quality of life resource. Prepared home-style meals are delivered by a host of committed volunteers throughout the Cocalico and Ephrata areas.
More happens in this program than just meal delivery, however. Our volunteers build personal relationships with our home-bound neighbors. They ensure that our neighbors are safe and living in healthy environments. They talk and listen; they care.
Individuals interested in receiving meals
Regular Meals Cost: $6.89 per day / $34.45 per week
Hospital “Special Diet” Meals: $7.78 per day / $38.90 per week
For individuals facing financial challenges, the MOW Program Coordinator can discuss some options.
Learn more about another of
EASS’ food services: Hand UP Exchange Food & Clothing Bank